I wanted to wish you and yours Happy Holidays & a very Merry Christmas!
Styles top to bottom L to R: frohawk, twistout, faux loc mohawk, faux loc bun, large bantu knots, asymmetrical bob, mini twists in a pompadour, bow bun, mini bantu knots Continue reading
the weekend may be over, but the memories live on.
For what I wore check below…
b r i e f r e c a p:
- What is on my head exactly? Mini Twists
- When did you get them done? Sept. 20th
- Where did you get them done? Sabine’s Hallway located in Brooklyn, New York.
- How long did they take? about 1 1/2 hrs
- How much are they? $100
- What made you get them? I wanted a “protective style” to cut my “hair time” to practically 0 minutes as to give me more time to get ready for work and such. They remind me of sisterlocs in the size and styles I’m able to do with them. Great for the gym!
- Have I gotten them redone? Nope!
- When should you remove them? 3 -4 weeks before my hair starts to lock
- Do you miss Demi your afro? Nope especially now that it’s becoming more cooler and my hair was away for majority of the summer. Plus I’ve gotten used to not having to do my hair daily.
- When will you get them done again? I intend to before christmas.
see my favorite hairstyles below… Continue reading
As you know I recently took out the asymmetrical bob I wore for majority of the summer. Despite my long efforts of deep conditioning and moisturizing my hair was so dry. Like brillo pad dry. Nothing I tried worked. Nothing. I already knew I needed a trim, but wasn’t anticipating the permanent heat damage I caused with the hair that was left out in the very front. I made an appointment with Sabine of Sabine’s Hallway in Brooklyn to get my hair to come back to life. Initially I wanted bantu knots but after assessing the damage she recommended me trying out a protective style.
Drum Roll Please… Continue reading