I’ve been ending my last few posts with a mention to look out for my favorite styles that I’ve done while my hair has been “loced”. Well the wait is over!
b r i e f r e c a p:
- What is on my head exactly? [Faux] Yarn Locs
- When did I put them in? Feb. 15th
- Who did them? They were installed at Sabine’s Hallway located in Brooklyn, New York.
- How long did they take? 10hrs [yes i am serious]
- How much are they? The salon starts at $250 and increases with length and size. They were the cheapest I found, I’m honest enough to know that installing hair is not my trade, and most want to start at $400 [no thanks!!]
- What made you get them? I wanted a “protective style” to cut my “hair time” to practically 0 minutes as to give me more time to get ready for work and such. I also wanted to get faux locs to see how I would look with real locs and get a feel of how to manage my hair in different loc styles. Love them, want them permanently, but my real hair is not at the length I would like it to be yet 😦 Yes I can get them extended the same way I got my real hair done, but eeehh.
- Have I gotten them redone? Of course! Well the edges were redone and a few that needed a special touch.
- How often did you wash them? Three times along with weekly cleaning with a cotton ball damped in Seabreeze followed with an oil massage. To keep them neat I tie a silk/satin scarf at night.
- Do you miss Demi your afro? Nope. Especially now that it’s becoming more humid twist outs will be a bust, I don’t like wash and go’s on me, and my morning workout sweat demolishes all hope of a cute style.
- Why not just get them reinstalled again? I intend to in a year or so [ post the current faux loc craze], my hair needs a minute to breath, and I have to wear my hair in a certain way for an upcoming family event.
I will be trying a few more styles before finally bidding adieu to my yarn locs so stay tuned!
keep up with me