OMG ok first I want to thank my mom for giving birth to me!
I kid I kid…but no really thanks mom!
On a serious note huge thank you Taisha of Glitter on my Vanity for nominating me for this award and know that I love purple too! For those of you who may be wondering what this award is really about let me educate you. Liebster is a German term which translates to sweetest, nicest, dearest, beloved, kind, pleasant, valued, endearing, and welcome. I don’t know about you but that made me feel extra special like my favorite Starbucks latte or a pair of new shoes anywho! The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers [ I have selected nominees who have well over 200 followers for you to view ].This award helps bloggers to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about one anothers’ sites. If you know me I’m all about helping and encouraging others to do what they love. Bloggers unite! LOL sorry I had to at least once.
In receiving this award here are some rules to follow:
- Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the ten questions provided by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate ten/eleven other bloggers for the award
- Create ten/eleven questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees!
- No tag backs
now to good the good stuff…
1. How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging September 2013. After serious threats
from my friends and Instagram followers asking how – to questions, I decided to make a way to answer the questions they asked and encourage people that aren’t sure about any topic to seek advice. Sort of on the lines of a big sister or friend you talk to for their opinion or expertise.
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would go to Europe because they set fashion trends and get apparel before we do. The food, I’m told, is so much better than our hormone pumped food. Lastly I have a thing for accents 🙂
3. What is your signature scent (perfume)?
My signature perfume is Pink Sugar by Aquolina because it it has a playful blend of vanilla and caramel. I love sweet, girly scents that last all day.
4. Natural nails or tips/acrylic?
I am a natural nails girl because I am constantly doing my hair or have my hands in water. I prefer to keep my nails natural because if there is ever an occasion that I want to do a quick color change or an experience a chip or a break I can fix it from the comfort of home. Not to mention the money I save from doing them myself [ #teamcuteonabudget ] Also the damage that fake nails, wraps, etc does to your real nails ewww & ouch!
5. What’s your favorite season?
My favorite season is summer! My birth month falls in that season and I’m from Jamaica so I live for an 80 + degree type of day. If I want chill I’ll go stand in front of the freezer or drink an iced beverage. I don’t have to worry about layering, boots, hats, or a jacket. It’s an awesome thing to be able to throw on shorts or a dress and go!
6. Do you prefer online shopping or store shopping?
I was hoping this question would pop up! Before working for a retail store I would have said in store shopping, but now that I am traumatized I would rather have the delivery man ring my bell. I know my body enough to know my size at the stores I used to frequent. I rely heavily on customer reviews prior to committing to a purchase. Last but not least I try on the items when they arrive and throw them in the wash to get rid of any factory smells. Come to think about it I should do a post about online vs. in store shopping…coming to mysistersclosetny soon!
7. Pick your Justin: Bieber or Timberlake?
JT for me please! I am not about the cougar life…well if really prompted.. I kid I kid! I am not a Bieber fan sorry kids. I grew up on N’Sync so it’s natural for me to #teamJT.
8. Which type of music do you listen to the most?
Tough one! I would have to go with Christian music because I know the underlying message is about God not sex, drugs, clubbin, or spending money I don’t have. That genre of music is one that really encourages me and I can always find a song to relate to any season, test, or trial I may be facing.
9. Favorite pizza topping?
Call me boring but I actually like plain pizza, seriously pizza is so good on its own. If I had to give an absolute favorite it would have to fresh toppings like fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, eggplant, caramelized onions, mushrooms, basil, baby spinach… you get the point!
10. Chocolate or vanilla?
I have to go with….both I’m a swirl kind of girl.
and the nominees are…
Yes I decided to nominate a few more than necessary, because I frequent all the blogs listed. It would be hypocritical of me to continue this award and not acknowledge and promote the blogs that I read as well.
questions for my nominees
- When did you start your blog and what was the purpose of you starting your blog?
- Name something that you learned recently.
- Link and/or photo of a christmas gift that you are currently coveting.
- What is one thing that you’ve learned or experienced as a blogger that surprised you?
- Your #1 pet peeve.
- Where is your next vacation to?
- Have you accomplished your goals for 2013? What were they?
- The next book or magazine that your are most likely to read is…
- Your favorite quote or saying to live by.
- Share one thing from your bucket list.
- What one key message do you want your readers to take away from your blog
- 5 words that describe you.
that’s all folks!